Birthday dinners are a HUGE thing at our house. The birthday person gets to plan the menu for their own, very special birthday dinner. Whatever they want. In a family of 6 this is a pretty big deal. Especially when the mom loves to cook what she likes most of the time…
Homemade rolls with homemade jam
Tomato/alfredo shrimp pasta bake
Grape soda (we also offered Strawberry)
Strawberry lemonade ice cream cake (just use Strawberry Lemonade mix)
Seriously, so fattening, so time-intensive to make, but oh, so delicious! Thanks Nannah!
TOMATO/ALFREDO SHRIMP PASTA BAKE
- 16-18 oz. pasta (I use penne, radiatore, or farfalle), cooked as directed on packaging
- Large jar spaghetti sauce (it doesn't have to be fancy, I use Hunts, it's cheap and the spaghetti sauce isn't the star of this dish)
- Alfredo sauce (see recipe below, or you can use a large jar of store bought sauce
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cooked, deveined and tails removed, chopped into bits
- Mozzarella cheese - enough to cover a 9x13-in. casserole
Preheat oven to 350°. Cook alfredo sauce, if you're making the homemade (and much, much tastier) sauce. Once sauce is cooked, add the shrimp to it and stir in. Line 9x13-in. baking pan with spaghetti sauce, just dump it in and spread it out. Add cooked pasta, then pour the alfredo sauce (w/ shrimp mixed in) over the pasta. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until it is bubbly.
Amazing Alfredo Sauce:
1 pint heavy cream
1/2 cup butter
2 tbsp. cream cheese
3/4 c. parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. garlic powder
In a saucepan, combine cream, butter and cream cheese. Simmer until all is melted and mixed well. Add parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Stirring constantly, with a whisk, simmer for 15-20 minutes until thick.