Well, Martha Stewart didn’t pull through for me with this recipe, but I procured the “Most Likely To Put Mrs. Field’s Out Of Business” award for these babies…
Gorgeous, aren’t they?
They’re delicious too.
I found them on Allrecipes.com, here.
WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA CRANBERRY DREAMS
(Though I might argue a better name would be the name of my award?)
3 cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ cup white sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup vanilla baking chips
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup dried cranberries
1. In a medium bowl set aside flour, baking soda and salt.
2. Cream together white sugar, light brown sugar and butter. Add slightly beaten eggs and vanilla.
3. Add flour mixture until just mixed. Stir in vanilla chips, macadamia nuts and dried cranberries. (the dough is thick)
4. Preheat oven to 350°. Place on ungreased cookie sheet by small spoonfuls (I used a heaping tablespoon). Bake for 10 minutes or just until set. Remove from oven and let cool. Cookies will sink slightly.
5. Variations: To make chocolate cookies omit ½ cup flour and replace with ½ cup cocoa. To make refrigerator cookies roll dough into 2 rolls, wrap with plastic wrap and chill or freeze. (If you freeze the dough, then thaw for at least ½ hour). Slice 1 inch slices, cut into 4 and place on baking sheet point up. For fancier cookies drizzle melted white chocolate on chocolate cookies and melted dark chocolate on the white cookies.