Friday, August 12, 2011

I Scream For Ice Cream

It's officially ice cream season at our house.  Finally, since it should have started months ago.  While in Utah (for the second time) I purchased a new cookbook (well, we bought four) named Scoop.  It's all about ice cream.  All. About. Ice. Cream....mmmm.

If you know me, you know I love me some ice cream.  I love to make it.  I love to eat it.  I love to experiment.  Now I'm just trying to get behind the science of it all. 

The first one we tried was Banana Cream Pie, which was good but way rich.  If you're lucky I'll post the recipe, sans pictures because it went pretty quickly.  The cookbook also includes recipes for Jalapeno Avacado Ice Cream, which I'm actually going to try.  Yes, I am.

The next recipe I made wasn't from the Scoop cookbook, but one that I'd found earlier this Summer and hadn't tried yet.  Strawberry Buttermilk Ice Cream.  Yep, buttermilk.

It's tangy and sweet and oh, so refreshing. 


No comments: