Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Easy Tomato Soup

I am not a fan of tomato soup. I think I've hit on that point before. I love to use it in my cooking, I love that my kids love it, I just do not like to eat it...at all. However, I tell my kids it takes trying something about 14 times to learn to like it...this will be number 15...we'll see! This looks like a decent take on the old condensed soup - wish me luck!

EASY TOMATO BASIL SOUP

1 yellow onion, chopped
1/2 c butter
4 cans tomato soup
2 cans water
1 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese (I will use fat free)
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 bay leaf
1/2 to 3/4 c fresh grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Half and Half, if desired

Saute chopped onion in butter until transparent. In separate sauce pan combine tomato soup and water and heat. Add cream cheese and stir with a wire whip until dissolved. Add sautéed onion, chopped tomatoes, cheese, basil and oregano. Add half and half if desired. Heat but do not boil.

No comments: