Friday, September 4, 2009

Shrimp Kabobs

Clint wanted to grill something for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. While he was at work the kids and I skewered some kabobs and I realized I haven't had any in a long time. It hit the spot.
All I did was chop up:
Zucchini
Summer Squash
Pineapple
Onion
Green Pepper
and used,
Shrimp, peeled and deveined
and Cherry Tomatoes

If you soak the wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes before grilling they will not burn so easily. Then I let the kids add on all of their veggies and meat. I placed in a tupperware container and poured:
4 Tbs melted butter mixed with 1 Tbs lime juice over them
and sprinkled with Caribbean Jerk Seasoning.

I let them marinate for a couple of hours. They were so moist and delicious after they were grilled!
This is not really a recipe and most people have done it before. However, if your like me and have forgotten about them then it's time to do it again!

Another favorite way I like to make them instead of butter, lime, and Caribbean Jerk seasoning is to just sprinkle with cajun seasoning and then wrap each one in a stip of bacon. Yum!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Funny, these were already on my menu for next week! Minus the bacon, though...we're suffering good taste for less waist... :)