Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Dinner

St. Patty's Day has come and gone and we managed to get everyone dressed in green yesterday so no one got attacked by the pinch-eager children.  We also managed to have our traditional "Green Eggs and Ham" dinner.  I also requested the kids come up with anything else green that they wanted...zucchini and green jello (I mean, hello, we're from Utah).

I bought some great Black Forest ham, cut in nice, thick slices.  I popped it in my crockpot on low for the afternoon and it was perfect by dinner.  

The ham accompanied the nice, green deviled eggs.  I don't use a recipe for these, but the kids love them with Miracle Whip and dill pickle relish.  I just add a few drops of food coloring for the green effect.


The zucchini was sauted with a little butter and Lawry's Season Salt.  I cook it until it just starts to become opaque, still crispy.


The jello was a great ending to the meal. The kids love it with "stuff" in it, so I just added fruit cocktail when I put it in the fridge.


We had limeade to wash it all down.  I didn't get a picture of it, sorry!  It was so good we drank it all before I thought about it, but if it helps we're having Strawberry Limeade tonight... maybe I'll take a picture of that, or not!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You are such a fun mom! The dinner looks fabulous. I could only muster the energy for green pancakes with green whip cream and green milk...hmm.. I'm boring!