Saturday, March 7, 2009

Slow Cooker Saturday

Because I've never been one to put off tomorrow what can be done today...and because my kitchen is a little out of commission right now, I'm doing Slow Cooker Saturday rather than Sunday.

Because I can.  That's the only way I can guarantee it'll get done.  Smart, eh?

I think I've mentioned my affinity for breakfast food before.  If not, let me mention now that I LOVE BREAKFAST FOOD.   I do.  A LOT.  It's kind of weird because I love cold cereal too.  I think I'd rather eat cold cereal for breakfast and then eat the really good breakfast food for dinner. 

Is that weird? Hmmm.

So here is a great breakfast recipe that you pop in the crock at night, go to bed and wake up to a great, hot breakfast.

CROCK-POT BREAKFAST

1 (32-oz) bag, frozen hashbrown potatoes
1 lb. bacon, cut into pieces, cooked
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
3/4 lb. cheddar cheese, diced
1 dozen eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Layer the hashbrowns, bacon, onion, green pepper, and cheese in crock pot.  Beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper together.  Pour over mixture and cook on low for 10 hours.  Serves 8.

No comments: