Friday, March 6, 2009

Easy Spring Dessert

I'm trying to prove that I'm not an idiot and I really can do a post that's not in all CAPS.  I swear my blog was on strike about the Quinoa post, it must not be a vegetarian, because my last two posts could not be edited out of being in CAPS.  Even Shane, the computer expert, looked at them and shook his head...actually, he shook his head at me and indicated it was user error, but we won't go there...his official diagnosis?  Redo the posts.  I refuse.  If my blog is going to be uppity about vegetarian postings, I'm going to make it look bad by refusing to redo the abominable postings.  Sorry.

Anway, here's to hoping this posting looks normal once I push the publish post button.  If it ends up in CAPS I'm giving up and you won't have another posting from me until my computer apologizes, I swear!

Anyway, in order to celebrate the great weather here in Desolate West Texas, and to celebrate the near arrival of Spring to other areas of the country, I'm posting an easy, easy no-bake cheesecake dessert.  YAY!! (No, that was just me being excited, the post is still cooperating)

EASY NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE

1 (9-in) graham cracker crust
1 (8-oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 c. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (18-oz) can cherry pie filling

In large bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy.  Gradually mix in sweetened condensed milk, until smooth.  Beat in lemon juice and vanilla.  Pour into premade crust.  Chill in fridge for approximately 3 hours, or until set.  Top with cherry pie filling when serving.  Serve cold.

No comments: