Friday, January 28, 2011

Million Dollar Brownies

Sometimes I think I've posted one of my favorite recipes, only to find that I have sub-consciously kept it to myself.  I'm a sharer though, I really am.

This is my current go-to brownie recipe - named "Million Dollar Brownies" and totally worth a million dollars.

They're rich, thick, fudgy, chocolately, gooey and delicious.

See?



MILLION DOLLAR BROWNIES


7 tbsp. cocoa
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)
1/2 cup pecans (optional, which means at my house they are a no-go...)


Heat oven to 350°.  Melt butter and stir in cocoa, sugar, eggs and vanilla.  Stir in rest of ingredients.  Spread (it's thick) in a greased 8 x 8 in. baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes.  (I usually make a double batch and bake in a 9 x 13 in. pan for 25-30 minutes).

No comments: