Sunday, December 5, 2010

One More Week

I swear I'm not trying to neglect my passions in life. Like blogging. And cooking. And blogging about cooking.

One more week and I don't have school hanging over my head. School was great, but it's time to get back to my priorities.

Today in the crock pot? A new recipe I've been wanting to try. Peach Curry Glazed Pork Chops. I'm trying it in the crock pot even though it's not written for slow cooking. Sundays are all about easy and lazy. This recipe fits the bill perfectly.

PEACH CURRY GLAZED PORK CHOPS

1/2 cup sliced canned peaches, syrup set aside
3 tbsp. peach jam
2 tbsp. dijon mustard
2 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. honey
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 boneless pork chops
2 green onions, chopped
2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped

Directions
1. In a bowl, mix the peach syrup, jam, mustard, curry powder, and honey.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the pork chops 8 minutes, or to desired doneness.
3. Mix the green onions into the skillet, and cook 1 minute, until tender. Spoon the syrup mixture and peaches over the pork chops. Continue cooking until heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro to serve.

No comments: