Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I'm A Hoarder

Not in the creepy you-can't-walk-through-my-house-because-I've-kept-every-piece-of-garbage-since-1982 way, but more like the I-really-liked-that-recipe-so-I-must-have-it-for-my-collection way. A much healthier way, unless it's an unhealthy recipe. Then not so much.

I just got home from vacation, a three week vacation. It included 3 family reunions, many family dinners, and a few nights out at restaurants. Guess what I brought back? Other than loads and loads of laundry and a few weird tan lines? Recipes!

Just a couple of new ones, but they're awesome!

First one I'm going to share? A dessert, of course, and a patriotic looking one too, perfect for the last couple of weeks of July. Of course, red also goes with Christmas, Valentine's day, Mondays...you get it.

Pretzel Jello Dessert (I know, terrible name, but seriously, don't you categorize your recipes by names and ingredients?)

PRETZEL JELLO DESSERT

2 cups pretzels, crushed
1 1/2 cubes butter, melted
2 tbsp. sugar
Mix these together and bake @ 375° for 10 minutes. Then cool.

1 large pkg. strawberry gelatin
2 cups hot water
Combine these and let cool.

1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
1 (8 oz) container whipped topping
1 cup sugar
Whip together.

Spread cream cheese mixture on top of cooled crust. Pour jello over and top with sliced berries. (I used strawberries and blueberries hence the patriotic reference).

Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.

No comments: