Saturday, February 6, 2010

Popcorn Popping In the....

Freshly revived, circa 1985? hot air popper, recently acquired from the in-laws...

Mmmm.

Seriously. Other than last week, when my Mother-in-law introduced me to this recipe and popped popcorn on her STOVETOP...I couldn't tell you the last time I had air (or stove) popped popcorn.

I don't eat a lot of popcorn anyway. My husband doesn't care for it, the babies might choke on it, and the kids just wipe their fingers on anything other than their napkins. We don't eat a lot of it. But it's good. And I'm all about easy. Like microwave popcorn easy...

But last week we had Caramel Corn. Homemade, really good, sticky, chewy caramel corn. And the kids needed a snack tonight, so I brought out the air popper for some fun and an encore of Shane's cousin's easy recipe.


Look good? It is.

Want easy? It is.

Caramel Corn a la Nicole

5-6 cups popcorn
1/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup

Bring butter, sugar and corn syrup to a boil in a medium saucepan. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over popcorn. Stir, and serve.

1 comment:

Karen S. said...

Nicole gave me that recipe along with an air popper for our wedding. I was seriously so excited. It is yummy!