Monday, January 11, 2010

My New Favorite Cooking Blogs...other than my own, of course

http://freezerdinner.blogspot.com/

Check it out. She's a mom of 4 just like me. She understands the stress of wanting to spend time with your kids, and needing to prepare healthy, yummy meals to feed them. Her short cuts on how to freeze meals will help a lot! I can't wait to start doing this - particularly because I have the extra freezer space to do it!

Another time saver is the crock pot. I've been using mine a lot lately while my afternoons have been overtaken with piano lessons. It's great to be able to drop everything into your crock pot and know that dinner will be hot and ready when you get back - without being burned! Check out these blogs for secrets to slow cooking!

Another "shortcut" for some people is Once a Month Cooking (OAMC). It takes a ton of preparation, but allows you to prepare a months worth of food in just a couple of days. It also requires a lot of freezer space, but frees up your afternoons by allowing you to just pop dinner in the oven!

No comments: