Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I love fall, Ya'll

Sorry that I haven't been around in the blogging community lately. I promise, I'll try to do better. Try.
One thing I love about fall is soups. Yum. Soups when you live close to the ocean and can get fresh seafood is even better. This is really easy to make and it is really good. You need to try it, even if you have to buy that frozen stuff.

CRAWFISH CREAM CORN CHOWDER
1 lb crawfish tails
1 8-oz pkg cream cheese
2 cans corn (don't drain)
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of potato soup
1 16-oz carton half-and-half
Tony Chachere's Cajun Seonsoning, to taste

Saute onion in butter.
Lower heat and add cream cheese to soften.
Add corn and soups. Stir.
Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Simmer for 30 minutes.

No comments: