Saturday, April 4, 2009

Want To Know Where I've Been?



I've never claimed to be a cake decorator. Ever. I'll be honest and tell you that I do enjoy making my kids' cakes for their birthday parties, and I've been able to come with a few fun ones, but I am NOT a professional. Nor do I really have the desire to be one. Thankfully my kids are forgiving and really to a kid it's all about eating the cake, not what it looks like.

My 9 year old has an obsession with Pokemon. I don't get it, but he does. Therefore, I did some quick research and planned, on his request, a Pokemon birthday party. Invitations, cake and cupcakes were all Poke-balls....whatever they are. The invites were a hit, and the kids actually loved, and identified, the cake. Yay. Thankfully the parents were as ignorant as myself and couldn't really judge the cake.

The food was easy, hot dogs, chips, lemonade and candy. But let me say now, we will NEVER, EVER have 13 9 year olds in one house again...EVER!

Here's some pictures from cakes in years past...thankfully you can't turn me into Cake Wrecks, they accept professional work only!





(hey, they wrecked these ones by themselves...)

No comments: