Saturday, November 8, 2008

Slacking or just busy...?

I could go into paragraphs worth of excuses, trying to resolve any guilt I'm still feeling from not posting in so long. I could mention the rounds of colds that my family has been sharing. I could mention the family visits. I could mention the stinkin' Halloween holiday, the costumes to get ready, the parties to attend, the party to plan, host and clean up from. I could mention it's football season and sometimes that does take precedence. I could mention the fact that I just posted 26 days in a row, without break, and maybe was a little tired...but I'm not going to. I'm going to simply post another recipe. Because I can.

However, to prove that there was a Halloween party, and I did serve food, and I did prepare it and try to make it creative, and I did once again forget to take great pictures...you get the idea, there are some pictures, they are not great but the food was fun and yummy. We served Mummies in a blanket, Pizza Mummies, Deviled Eyeballs, Chips with queso, salsa, and guacamole, rainbow jello, breadstick bones, and creepy punch. YUM!





Now, for today's recipe. I'm still in the mood for pumpkin, and technically it's still pumpkin season. It's time to eat them rather than carve them. I've already shared my favorite pumpkin recipe, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, so we'll have to settle for another good one.

PUMPKIN BREAD

4 eggs
3 c. sugar
1 c. corn oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. canned pumpkin
5/8 c. buttermilk
2 tsp. baking soda
3 1/2 c. flour
1 c. nuts, chopped
1 c. raisins
1 tsp. cloves (opt.)

Mix together all ingredients. Bake in 325° oven for one hour in three loaf pans.

No comments: