4 chicken breasts, sliced thinly
1 medium onion, sliced thinly
1 green pepper, sliced thinly
2 tbs. Mrs. Dash
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Sautee chicken, onion and pepper in olive oil with seasonings.
2. Serve with flour tortillas, and shredded cheddar cheese, spanish rice, black beans, quacamole, sour cream, salsa, etc. to add to fajitas as wanted.
4 ripe avocados
1/4 c. ready made salsa (I use Pace thick and chunky)
garlic powder to taste
onion salt to taste
1. Cut and peel avocados, mash with fork in a medium size bowl.
2. Add salsa, garlic powder and onion salt to avocados and mix together.
TRES LECHES CAKE
(not under 30 minutes, but it goes so well with fajitas)
1 tsp. baking powder
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups milk
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour one 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
3. Cream butter and 1 cup of the sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and 1/2 tsp. of the vanilla, beat well.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 2 tbs. at a time, mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Pierce top of cake all over with a fork.
6. Combine the milk, evaporated milk and condensed milk together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake.
7. Whip whipping cream, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 1 cup of the sugar together until thick. Spread over the top of the cake. Cut up fresh fruit, I recommend raspberries, strawberries or peaches and top cake with cut fruit. Be sure to keep cake refrigerated.