Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Shoguns

I've been craving sushi. This isn't a completely new thing for me, but it is an unfortunate craving when you live in the middle of nowhere. I've been asking around since we moved to Midland if there was anywhere to get good sushi - 'yes' came the response...in Dallas, or San Antonio. I think 5 hours is a little long of a drive for an evening of sushi, but maybe that's just me. My loving mother knew I was missing my sushi, so for my birthday she did some research. She found two places within like 30 miles that serve sushi, one here in Midland and one in Odessa! We decided to grab a "quick" dinner on Saturday night, so with the kids being watched by family we ran over to Shogun's here in Midland. It's a typical Japanese restaurant with the hibachi tables, so it was entertaining and I was able to get my sushi fix. Clearly it was no comparison to Tsunami or Asuka, our favorite places in Utah, but it will do when I need a sushi fix.

No comments: