Tuesday, February 2, 2016

SnowPie2K16 - 7

I think I've figured out my dilemma with soupy berry pies... Practice makes perfect better.

1 - fresh berries are better than frozen to guarantee consistency

2 - directions are to be followed with exactness or pies turn soupy

Maybe rule #2 only applies to people like me who don't pay attention.

Either way, this week Landry picked blueberry pie. I used fresh berries. I followed instructions. Pie was perfect.



Elaine's Blueberry Pie - Bluebonnet Cafe Cookbook

2 pie crusts
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 cups fresh blueberries
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp butter, cut into small chunks

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl mix the sugar, flour, and cinnamon together. Add the blueberries to the dry mixture, stirring gently. Spray pie pan with non-stick spray. Place the dough on the bottom of the pan. Pour the berry mixture into the pan. Sprinkle the berry mixture with lemon juice and butter chunks. Cover the mixture with the 2nd pie crust and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Make a slit in the middle for steam to escape. Bake for 35-45 minutes.

No comments: