Wednesday, December 23, 2015

SnowPie2K16 - 2

Did I assume I'd be able to post pictures of my pies every week, on time, accompanied by great posts? No. Did you? I'm so sorry!

I haven't stopped making pies, in fact I'm ahead, an over achiever, because I made a Christmas pie for a friend today! (it's only Wednesday!)

Last week my daughter, Landry, chose a chocolate mint pie. It was the day before her back surgery, we were desperately trying to get packed and prepared to head out of town for the surgery, and I made the pie... no pictures were taken, it wasn't really something we'd revisit... at least not without some variations to the recipe. It was a triple layer pie and it didn't set up right. I'd make it with homemade pudding instead of instant and I'd definitely take more time for it to set up.

Here's the recipe if you want to try. It tasted great, it was just kind of soupy...

TRIPLE LAYERED CHOCOLATE MUD PIE

1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 OREO pie crust
1/2 cup Andes mint chips
2 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding
1 tub (8 oz.) whipped topping (I used homemade) - divided

Mix chocolate chips and condensed milk until well blended. Pour into crust, sprinkle with mint chips.

Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. (Mixture needs to be thick). Spoon 1 1/2 cups of the pudding over mint chips in crust. Add half of the whipped topping to remaining pudding; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Spread over pudding layer in crust; top with remaining whipped topping.

Store in refrigerator.

No comments: