Enjoy this one, it's a new family favorite. Sorry, still no pics, but it's pretty too.
CHEESY SPUDS 'N HAM
6 small potatoes, peeled & cubed
3 tbsp. butter
2 c. cooked ham, cubed
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/4 c. butter
3 tbsp. flour
1 1/2 c. milk
salt & pepper to taste
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c. bread crumbs
1. Place potatoes into large pot and cover with salted water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
2. Preheat oven to 350°.
3. Grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
4. Melt 3 tbsp. butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the ham and onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir potatoes into ham mixture; transfer to the prepared baking dish.
6. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir flour into melted butter until smooth.
7. Gradually whisk milk into flour mixture; season with salt and black pepper. Continue cooking & stirring until thickened, about 2 minutes.
8. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir cheddar cheese into the white sauce until melted.
9. Pour sauce over ham & potatoes.
10. Sprinkle bread crumbs over casserole.
11. Bake in preheated oven until sauce is bubbly and browned - 25 to 30 minutes.