- 2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks in unsweetened juice, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups hot cooked instant brown rice
1 In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet.
2 In same skillet, cook bell peppers and onion over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return chicken to skillet.
3 In small bowl, mix broth, reserved pineapple liquid, vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch and crushed red pepper flakes; stir into chicken mixture. Add pineapple; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Serve over rice.