Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Taco Pie

You know that feeling when you find a recipe all of your kids like? All of your kids! And, it's a dinner recipe? Heaven, I tell you!

This one surprised me. I sort of threw it together knowing the 9 year old would approve, hoping the 4 year old would appease me, and a little scared of the 2 year olds reactions. Surprised, but pleasantly so.

It's a great recipe, and I usually have everything on hand, so it's a great standby when you're in a bind for time. Plus it's a great winter recipe...you know - warm, comfort food!

TACO PIE

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 cans chili
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can sliced olives
~10 corn tortillas (I cut mine in 1/4's)
jack cheese

Brown meat with onion and drain. Add chili, soup and olives. In 9x13 in. baking dish place cut tortillas on bottom. Pour half of meat mixture over tortillas, layer with more tortillas, top with remaining meat mixture. Top with cheese and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.

No comments: