Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sunday Dessert

I eat dinner nearly every Sunday with my in-laws. It's one of the blessings of living close to them, you get a free, really good dinner every week. I don't think I've ever had anything bad at their house.

I don't think my kids will be able to say that about my house...if they won't fess up I will. There have been some bad meals, but with each one I've learned a little more.

Anyway, back to the Sunday dinner. One of the great things about this weekly meal is trying new recipes (or re-trying old ones) and having a whole new audience to try them out on. I love getting an assignment of vegetables or dessert and coming up with something everyone (or almost everyone) will like. There have been some fun creations because of these weekly dinners.

Last Sunday I re-tried a classic - Individual Cheesecakes - mmmmm. They are easy, fast and versatile - perfect for Sunday dinner with the fam. And, since my mother-in-law requested the recipe and I failed to write it down for her...here ya go!


DELECTABLE INDIVIDUAL CHEESECAKES
2 pkg. cream cheese (I use low fat, seems a reasonable way to work into my diet)
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
vanilla wafers

Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Mix cream cheese and sugar together until fluffy, add eggs one at a time, mix in vanilla and lemon juice.

In muffin tin, line 12 cups with liners. Place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each lined cup, then top with cheese mixture.

Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes turn off oven and let sit for another 10 - 15 minutes in oven. Then remove to refrigerator. This recipe makes 12 individual cheesecakes.

These are great topped with just about anything. I've tried a homemade peach/cinnamon sauce, caramel, hot fudge sauce, mint chocolate sauce, cut fruit...seriously, anything.

No comments: