Sunday, October 12, 2008

M = Mom

I miss my mom, a lot! So today's M post is my homage to my mom. She is wonderful, amazing and everything anyone could ask for in a mom, except for the 1000 mile distance... She was a home economics teacher, so everything I know about cooking was initiated by her. We didn't cook a lot at home (we were on a first name basis with the pizza guy, seriously!), but she taught me the basics and made me curious for more. She encouraged me in my curiosity and taught me that you can't often go wrong when you experiment. Today's recipe is another one of her simple, yet yummy, recipes. My kids can't get enough of this recipe, thanks mom! I love you!

Shrimp Pasta Salad

1 package garden rotini pasta
2 cans tiny shrimp
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
2 tablespoons Lawry's season salt
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 green onion chopped
1 cucumber chopped

1. Boil pasta until al dente.

2. While pasta is cooking mix together all other ingredients.

3. Rinse pasta in cold water, until completely cooled, then drain completely.

4. Mix pasta into mixture and serve!

No comments: