Friday, August 15, 2008

Get togethers

I love having people over to eat and to socialize. Maybe it stems from being from a really small family and never having enough people to talk to, I don't know. Anyway, there isn't much I love more than planning a get-together be it a nice family/friend dinner, a party or a shower. I LOVE it! However, even as much as I love planning the get-together I sometimes don't give myself enough time to get everything done that I want to get accomplished. (this has a lot to do with the emergence of twins in the last year!)

Case in point, tonight: four families, eight adults, eleven kids...menu included bbq chicken, stuffed jalepenos, rebaked potatoes and homeade peach ice cream. Thankfully a green salad and fruit salad were being brought by invitees. BBQ chicken worked great, jalepenos were wonderful (if not a little spicy, my hands and eyes still burn...), the ice cream was refreshing, the potatoes - not so much. We ended up scrapping the original rebaked idea and falling back on garlic mashed potatoes. I just didn't bake the potatoes long enough the first time and disaster followed, I swear, it was ugly. Thankfully it was fun and everything else tasted great. Hopefully our guests forgive me for the lack of really good rebaked potatoes! :) It was fun and I can't wait to get together again.

No comments: